Sometimes I just don’t feel like making a meal. Life moves fast. Between work, family/kids and other stuff, most days I don’t have have a lot of extra time to work with.
Because of that, I typically always have a meal replacement shake on-hand, so that I have a food option that’s quick and easy, and gets my body some basic nutrients in the process.
I’ve never really stuck with one in particular, though. I’ve used Vega One, Kashi Go Lean, Huel, and others, and most of them I really like. So when I saw that Young Living had its own meal replacement shake, I thought I’d give it a try.
Here’s what you need to know:
What is Slique?
Slique is a complete meal replacement formulated with pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils. It comes in single serving packets, and you can mix it with water or milk, or combine it with fruit in a smoothie (I typically just mix it with water and I think it tastes great).
Slique is sweetened with Stevia and is 100% vegan. It has a mild berry flavor and is infused with Young Living’s Slique Essence essential oil blend.
Pumpkin Seed Protein
Alfalfa Grass Juice
Naturally Derived B Vitamins
- A complete meal replacement*
- An excellent source of protein and dietary fiber*
- Blend of pea protein, quinoa, wolfberry, pumpkin seed protein, and alfalfa grass juice powder for a well-rounded diet*
- Can be easily modified into your own personalized meal by adding almond milk, fruit, or Pure Protein Complete™ to meet your personal needs*
- Infused with Slique Essence essential oil blend to support weight management when combined with regular exercise and sensible diet*
- Vegan formula
- No artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, or cholesterol
- Delicious Berry Breeze flavor sweetened with stevia, organic coconut palm sugar, wolfberries, and strawberries
- Non-GMO ingredients
- Formulated with naturally derived B vitamins, including natural folate
- A good source of potassium, folate (vitamin B9), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), and chromium
- An excellent source of vitamin C, thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), and vitamin B6
- Rich in phosphorus, iodine, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, molybdenum, iron, and niacin (vitamin B3)
- High potency manganese (150 percent)
Add 1 Slique Shake packet to 8 ounces of water or the milk of your choice. Shake, stir, or blend until smooth.
The flavor is mild, but pleasant. No bad aftertaste.
It mixes well and dissolves pretty quickly/easily. Not really chalky at all.
Solid ingredients and nutritional value. Pure essential oils are a bonus, too.
Not the cheapest (~$3.40 wholesale per serving), but you get what you pay for.
Nutritional Information (one serving)
Total Fat - 6 g
Total Carbs - 23 g
Dietary Fiber - 5 g
Protein - 16 g
Slique has become one of my favorite meal replacement shakes. It checks all the boxes, even if it’s a bit pricey compared to the other options on the market. Plus, getting the infusion of pure essential oils makes Slique unique among its peers. For what it’s worth, I recommend trying it.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.